Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Algae Update

Allright, so I went to the pet store, looking for the fish I spoke about (Algae eaters.)

I talked with an expert, she told me the fish would die in the pond immediately cause they need constant heat, which is just something I cannot offer. She did recommend a liquid medicine called sludge remover. She only had industrial quantities so I vowed to return at a later date and we parted ways.

Earlier in the day I was able to scoop out a lot of the green and fling it into the garden. It smells really bad. She said it's fish waste. I think what happened was that I put those white bricks into the pond, that fed the fish while we were away, they ate too much, like at a buffet, and shat all over the place (like after a buffet.)

The video shows before I cleaned it and some cleaning.


Now the pond looks a bit better. Also, I took out a lot of big rocks so the fish have no where to hide. They are always visible, this is what I want. No more friends coming over and having them embarass me by all hiding.

Also, the big rocks make it hard to clean away the algae, so now i can scoop it up.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to see that your pond is being taken over by 'the green menace' (ie. algae). I have a special hatred of that stuff since I often catch a lot of it on my fishing trips.

    I am also saddened to hear that you have removed the rocks. Where are the fish going to hide out and plan their world domination now?

    Is Peter really putting all his other research projects on hold to look into your pond situation? The people at the scholarship office and the top brass at the U of T might not be too happy about that.

    I noticed that you were grunting a lot throughout the video. Is taking care of your pond becoming too strenuous for you?

    I've got an idea for you. I recommend that you take all the fish out of the pond, in order to give it a thorough cleaning. I'm talking about draining all the water out and scrubbing everything with a toothbrush.

    Me and my toothbrush are at your disposal if you should decide to pursue this option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah but then how do i wash away the soap? You see everything will then be soapy when I refill with water.

    Peter has mentioned that he will take part, along with his assistant Kate.

    It's funny now without the rocks. The fish go to where the rocks were, and they can't find them. They learnt quickly though, they now just camp out under the bridge, but atleast I can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can blow all the soap out of there with the hose. As I recall, you have an attachment that can definitely do that job.

    You should send Peter a specimen of water from the pond so he can analyze it on that machine of his.

    Why did you changed your name to 'Sean'? Is it because the name 'Tom' was starting to lose its appeal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean is another google account I use sometimes. The videos are posted under that account, which is annoying but I couldn't figure out how to change it.

    ReplyDelete