Total Pageviews

Monday, June 15, 2009

Stephen King's The Algae

I dedicate this post to Ben and my mom, happy 27th and 65th respectably.

As you might already know, the pond has been overrun by this underwater disease known as Algae.

If you've seen or read Stephen King's The Myst, you know what the fish are going through. They get stuck in it. Visibility is poor, and it's disgusting.

I have to routinely check to make sure none of our little pals are tied up and can't eat their food.

I can come up with some causes.

1) Alex put it in. Maybe it's a French Canadian prank that when you turn 30, or are taking care of a house, you punk someones pond with vast quantities of Algae.

2) It's coming from leaves. The leaves fall in, from the insane jungle that came about in our backyard. Once the leaves dissolve in the water, they turn to green goo?

3) The fish are making it from their poo poo? Maybe too many fish = green goo??

The Solution:

1) Now, last night there were many people at my moms party. I spoke with some about the issue, one gentleman scholar (actually a dumb guy), told me I could acquire Algae eater fish for 29 cents. This is very appealing.

2) I tried putting in like half a bottle of pond clarifyer juice. This might have made it worse. The juice stuff has bacteria in it. Maybe it caused it?

3) Contact the weirdo guy from Richie's Feed and Seed. He is an expert. This might take the fun out of it though. I like Science experiments.

4) Bring in Peter Dornan. If you are reading this, I would like you to try and develop some sort of chemical at your lab pls.

5) Be a vengeful god and put in chlorine. This is last resort. I don't think I would be able to do this. But I suppose I will do this only after all the sea society of sinners has perished.

Please post your suggestions. I'm going to make a video once I get home and have the camera. You will be amazed/disgusted/appalled.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

  1. I did put it in the algae, and yes, it is a French Canadian prank. I can give you the antidote, but it will cost you. That's right, all the tea... (Family Guy reference).

    If I were you, I would go with option 4) and get Peter to make something up for you in his lab. I hear he does excellent work with liquid nitrogen.

    ReplyDelete